Newby

Here is a place for all new members to introduce yourselves and say g'day, and for current members to welcome you aboard. We hope you enjoy the forum!

Moderators: Tin-Yetti, MattYoga, shufoy, yakyakker, Graeme

Newby

Postby Sturgo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:52 am

Hi All,
I am new to this sport , having recently purchased a Hobie PA 12 from Chris in Triggs
65 years young & active looking for fishing buddies in Rockingham/Mandurah locale and also in the Busselton / Dunsborough area.
More into estuary & river fishing & protected bays. I have an aversion for large toothy predators.
Also interested in what the group thinks about the best trailers for transporting said kayak between Rockingham and Dunsborough.
Looking forward to meeting some of you on the water soon.
Regards,
Sturgo
Sturgo

Re: Newby

Postby Tin-Yetti » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:21 am

G'day mate, welcome aboard.
You'll find that plenty of folks fish down that way even if we don't live there.
Not my neck of the woods, but the peel/Harvey estuary and serpentine/Murray Rivers are great protected waters.

Again, no personal experience, but a few guys have custom built trailers and I'm sure they can refer you companies. The are also a lot of personal customised jobs floating around if you are reasonably 'handy'

See you out there.
Cheers
Joel
"Providence" Blue Revo 13
Tailor 52cm, Mangrove Jack 44cm, Queenfish 1m+, Pinkie 79cm
Tin-Yetti
Site Admin

Re: Newby

Postby Graeme » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:33 pm

G'day Sturgo,

Welcome to the forum.

I tend to spend a lot of time out there tempting the toothy predators and little time on the rivers, but I do have a trailer ...

Mine is just a trailer from a catamaran that I've put a platform on. The important thing is to make sure the yak is cradled properly on some sort of supports. Mine is a PA14 and the details for how to set up PVC pipes as the cradles are pretty easy to find on the net.

Cheers,
Graeme
IFFF Certified Casting Instructor

Graeme
Site Admin

Return to Introductions