GearTrac

How did you rig your ride? Share it with us!

Moderators: Tin-Yetti, MattYoga, shufoy, yakyakker, Graeme

GearTrac

Postby Amused » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:40 am

Guys

I have gone to the darkside and brought a second hand Revo 13. I want to put in the narrow GearTrac in front of the pouches next to the foot well.

Has anyone fitted the slim GT90 ones there with the fullback?

I need to travel to get these, Does any one know a dealer that has the 12" version and fullbacks to suit in stock?
Amused

Re: GearTrac

Postby yakkajim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:32 am

G'day amused,
Just in the process of doing that myself on the gunnels of my Revo. Look at Slhobie online in Victoria. When you type in slhobie include Yakattack geartrac GTTL90. Three sizes to choose from 4", 8" and 12". They come with the backing plate and bolt hardware. Bolts screw straight into the backing plate. Or, you can dispense with the backing plate and used the washers and nuts provided.

Cheers, jim
yakkajim

Postby yakkajim » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:35 am

Check out installation of same at
http://www.kayakfishing.blog/blog/insta ... olution-16

Cheers, Jim
yakkajim

Postby Amused » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:57 am

Jim

Much appreciated. I did look at SLHobie (Previosly brought my RAM rod holder from them) I missed the fine print saying it comes with the full back.

Will order tonight.
Amused

Postby Hixsta » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:30 am

Check out my install using these slim mounts for a rear AMA kit pole mount. You will not have to use the rigging bullets for a forward mount.
http://forum.yakfishwest.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2434

DSC_0866 (Small).JPG
Hixsta

Postby Hixsta » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:34 am

The large ones at the front work fine too, I fitted the left side with a backing plate for heavy duty conditions.
Love the Scotty trackmounts the best too.

DSC_0809 (Small).JPG
Hixsta

Postby Hixsta » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:44 am

Amused wrote:
I need to travel to get these, Does any one know a dealer that has the 12" version and fullbacks to suit in stock?

On your original question. Getting the full range of YakAttack gear here in Australia is difficult. One retailer told me the Australian supplier doesn't even import all the variations. I tried searching many online stores but they didn;t carry all the stock I was after and was forced to buy direct from the US. It worked out cheaper even with the expensive postage. Saying that, I did buy some plastic tracks, and the wide tracks from a great local kayak store here in Joondalup. They were the only local WA people that seem to be carrying some if this stock at reasonable prices.

DSC_0844 (Small).JPG
Hixsta

Return to Kayak Rigging and DIY